Tuesday 9 November 2010

Reading experiences: manga

And when I say mangas, I mean a whole lot of mangas.

I have read:

By Clamp:
Magic Knight Rayearth
Chobits
X/1999
RG Vega
Clover *
Card Captor Sakura

By Takehiko Inoue:
Slam Dunk
Vagabond *
Real *
Buzzer Beater

By Riyoko Ikeda:
Versailles no Bara (Lady Oscar) *
The window of Orpheus *
Dear Brother
Eroica
Elizabeth

Glass no Kamen, by Suzue Miuchi *

By Chiho Saito:
Kanon *
First girl
Various short stories
Marionette
World of the S&M
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Waltz in a White Dress

Ace o nerae /Aim for the ace, by Sumika Yamamoto

Berserk, by Kentaro Miura

By Hiroaki Samura:
Blade of the Immortal *
Emerald
Ohikkoshi
Bradherley’s Coach

The Slayers
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Moonlight Mile *
Ikigami
Bakuman

By Fuyumi Soryo:
Mars
Cesare
Short stories
Doll

Cantarella
Blood Alone
Victorian Romance Emma

By Ai Yazawa:
Tenshi nanka janai
Gokinjo Monogatari
Kagen non tsuki
Paradise Kiss
Nana *

By Yayoi Ogawa:
Trumps like us
Kiss & Never Cry *
Baroque
Extra Heavy Syrup

Detective Conan
Bastard!! (until #18)
Manga Bomber *
Peach Girl
Densha Otoko

By Mayu Shinjo:
Sensual Phrase
Love Celeb

By Waki Yamato:
Haikara-san ga Tōru *
NY Komachi

Record of Lodoss War: The lady of Pharis
Glaucos
Tetsuwan girl *

By Chie Shinohara:
Blue Seal (Ao no Fūin)
Romance of Darkness

Pendragon (Dai to kishi) by Maboroshi Choji *
Claymore *
Battle Angel Alita

By Jiro Taniguchi
The walking man
Keyaki no ki *
Inu o kau
Kaze no sho
Chichi no koyomi
Kodoku no gurume

Lovely Complex
Lythtis
, by Hiroyuki Utatane
Arms
Tenchi Muyo
Please save my Earth
Nausicaa
Aqua knight
Rookies
(not all)
Video girl Ai
Perfect Girl Evolution
3x3 Eyes
(not all)
Georgie
Love me Knight
Attacker You!
They were 11
Sailor Moon
Furuguma Memories
Love my life
Free Soul
Cool Pine
Hataraki Man
In The Clothes Named Fat
G.I.D.
Hamelin no violin hiki *
Ashen Victor
Switch Girl
New York New York
Gaku
The sword of Pharis
Guin Saga
Ann is Ann

* Denotes a very favourite of mine

2 comments:

ampersand said...

Oh wow O_O. So many! I have read only a handful, despite the fact that I do like manga and they have rather influenced me.

Versailles no Bara
Vagabond
Chobits
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
XXX-Holic
Lone Wolf & Cub
Tengu
Mushishi

- these I own.

I have read parts of
3x3 Eyes
Berserk
Blade of the Immortal

- and a few others that I tend to mix up :P.

Two manga that I have finished (and enjoyed very much) but do not own are
Eagle
Stratège


Berserk is really too violent for me - as is Zetman, which I started buying but then stopped because it became too much (funny enough, I love samourai stories, but not the blood and gore part).

If you haven't tried Mushishi, maybe you should. I think you might like it. It's a very poetic manga about a young man who can see mushi and treats people for all sorts of mushi-related illnesses.

I should probably give Blade of the Immortal a serious try... As for Pendragon, it doesn't seem to exist in a French translation - or am I wrong?

Cecilia said...

Pendragon was published ages ago (during 1996-1997) on a magazine, Young, which contained also other stories. I liked it a lot and I also drew an alternative ending (more favorable toward my favourite female character ;) but I fear that manga wasn't a grand success, so I don't believe it has been widely translated (but I don't know for sure). It was a strange mixture of Western and Chinese mythologies: Arthur, survived somehow to the last battle against Mordred, travelled to China and there he met a fox woman...

I don't own all the mangas I listed above; some were lent me by friends, others I read in bookstores without buying them (:P)